Grow in your ability to engage children who have experienced trauma and grief as Jesus would!
The holidays are not happy for every child, but you can help. On November 7th, you’re invited to grow the competence of how your children’s ministry serves children who have experienced trauma and grief.
Help your team be prepared to love every child through grief and trauma.
This training will provide:
- 3 Live Training Sessions (*everyone who signs up gets the replays!)
- In-depth awareness of the way grief and trauma presents in children
- Tools for ensuring your ministry structure is built for inclusion of kids affected by grief and trauma
- Practical guides for equipping your volunteers to be competent in grief and trauma care for children
- BONUS: 3 volunteer training videos focused on grief and trauma competent care for you to send to your team!
Learn from some of the leading experts in this field!
Dr. Shelley Melia
Associate Dean of the Graduate School of Ministry at DBU, Program Director of MA in Children’s and Family Ministry, LPC in Grief and Resilience
Co-Founder of One Big Happy Home, President of Tapestry, TBRI Practitioner, Foster and Adoptive Parent
Trauma-Competent Caregiver, Co-Founder of One Big Happy Home, Executive Director of Tapestry, TBRI Practitioner, Foster and Adoptive Parent
INCM Executive Director
Schedule (Thursday, November 7th)
* All times are CST
Session 1 (10:00 am - 11:00 am): Understanding and Empathy for Each Child - Dr. Shelley Melia
Session 2 (11:15 am - 12:15 pm): Grief and Trauma Competent Ministry Structure - Ryan and Kayla North
12:15-12:45 pm - LUNCH
Session 3 (1:00 pm - 2:00 pm): Grief and Trauma Competent Volunteers - Ryan and Kayla North