Copyright 2023 © INCM. All rights reserved.
Resources for Children’s Ministry to Lead Through Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Planning to Re-Open
How to Reopen Your Children’s Ministry after COVID (Article)
- How you come back will depend on your state regulations, your church policies, and your leadership team. What I am suggesting here are steps our church is planning on implementing in the coming days.
20 Questions to Ask Before Kids Come Back to Church (Article)
- It’s important to think through what your strategy will be when they return. What should you do? What should you not do? Your answers to these questions can help you formulate what your strategy will be.
Reopening Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting Public Spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools, and Homes (Article)
- This guidance is intended for all Americans, whether you own a business, run a school, or want to ensure the cleanliness and safety of your home. Reopening America requires all of us to move forward together by practicing social distancing and other daily habits to reduce our risk of exposure to the virus that causes COVID-19.
Guidance for Cleaning & Disinfecting (Resource)
EPA Expands COVID-19 Disinfectant List (Article)
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) released an expanded list of EPA-registered disinfectant products that have qualified for use against SARS-CoV-2, the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19. The list contains nearly 200 additional products—including 40 new products that went through the agency’s expedited review process.
Church Assistance Package (Resources)
- While many church leaders are eager to resume in-person ministry as safer-at-home guidelines are eased, they are also continuing to feel the effects of the disruption caused by the coronavirus crisis. Churches are trying to make sure they’re able to keep going, even as they begin to imagine what ministry will look like in the months ahead.
A Pastor’s Playbook for Virtual Ministry (Free Resource)
- he moment we closed our buildings to staff, members, and guests, we knew everything had changed. Unfortunately, there was no model for us to immediately adopt. Instead, our executive team gathered for our last in-person meeting in order to put together a playbook of how to move forward.
What Will Church Look Like Going Forward? (Article)
- This is the current million-dollar question. What will church look like as we move forward? The answer? Well, “reopening” church could look very different for everyone in the upcoming weeks, months—possibly stretching into next year.
Beyond Pomp and Circumstance (Article)
- Whatever it may look like during the global pandemic of 2020, graduation is coming!
VBS / Summer Resources
4 VBS Strategies for This Summer (Article)
- Designed to help you plan and conduct the exceptional VBS your community has come to expect from you—even in the midst of unprecedented circumstances, this free ebook will identify four strategies in which VBS can take place this summer.
Kids Games and Activities (Resources)
- Download dozens of FREE printable and reproducible activity sheets for kids from Barbour Publishing. Simply sign up for our email communications and you’ll unlock the activity sheets featured on this page.
Kids Clean Water Project at Home (Free Resource)
Kids Clean Water Project Resources
- As this crisis persists, parents and kids need positive, fun and impactful things they can focus on. In order to help, we’d like you to consider participating in the Kids’ Clean Water Project—At Home.
VBS/Summer Music Ideas (Free Resource)
- You may be in this uncharted territory of taking VBS and other ministries online this summer. Yancy shares some tools that you have available to you as you move forward reaching kids and families.
Lunchbox Love at Home (Resource)
- Lunchbox Love at Home is an easy to use VBS mission project that engages children in the U.S. with children who live in extreme poverty in India and are affected by COVID-19.
20 Family Activities to Do at Home (Free Resource)
- Put a stop to stuck-inside boredom with fun family activities with these 20 indoor and outdoor activities for families to do at home!
Missions Projects for virtual VBS (Resources)
- Does COVID-19 have your VBS going virtual this summer? We have FREE, downloadable resources (perfect for at-home VBS missions projects) that kids and families will love!
Family Experience (Resources)
- This program can be used by churches to engage their families remotely, or by individual families who are simply looking for fun and impactful missions projects for their kids.
- Over 300 million people around the world don’t have shoes- with Because International and Be The Cause as your VBS or Summer programming Mission Project, your kids can help change that. Sign up to receive your FREE kit.
INCM hosted a FREE webinar for anyone who serves children and families!
As a leader, there are unique shifts happening in our responsibilities during this season. It is critical – more than ever before- that we are focusing on what we need to be focusing on as disciples. In this webinar, you will:
Be refreshed by the familiar but miraculous truths of the gospel for YOU!
- Gain clarity and hope for experiencing this season as a leader and a disciple!
Discover wise practices that empower you to not lose perspective!
Info & Stats
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
COVID-19: Share Facts, Not Fear (Article)
- From the CDC, a Pdf to share with your community; Know the facts about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and help stop the spread of rumors.
Critical preparedness, readiness and response actions for COVID-19 (Article)
- The World Health Organization has defined four transmission scenarios for COVID-19. Information to be prepared.
Coronavirus For Parents (Article)
- Information for parents from Nemours (a non-profit pediatric health system)
What Should – and Shouldn’t – Worry Us About the CoronaVirus (Article)
- “It’s not just whose hand you shake, it’s whose hand that person goes on to shake.”
- For more information about how you can protect yourself and loved ones from the spread of COVID-19, listen to the latest episode of the TED Interview on Apple Podcasts.
Planning at Church
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
Get Your Community (and Faith-Based Organizations) Ready for COVID-19 (Article)
- This interim guidance is to help community and faith-based organizations (CFBOs), whose members may include vulnerable populations, plan for community transmission of coronavirus disease in the United States. The CDC encourages CFBOs to prepare for the possibility of a COVID-19 outbreak in their local communities.
COVID-19: guidance to protect children and support safe school operations (Article)
- The World Health Organization provides guidance with critical considerations and practical checklists to keep schools safe. It also advises on how to adapt and implement emergency plans for educational facilities.
How To Prepare for the CoronaVirus at Church (Article)
- The coronavirus pandemic will have medical and economical effects, but it doesn’t have to affect the spiritual growth of the families we serve. While we don’t quite yet know the full extent of this virus’s impact, we do know we have to be prepared.
Free Training and Checklists to Prepare Your Church for the Coronavirus (Free Resources)
- How to Prepare for the Coronavirus at Your Church: 4 videos, 7 ministry-specific checklists, and a sample pandemic policy all for you to contextualize for your church.
- Learn more about what to include in your plan, phases of implementation, attendance metrics to monitor, how to alter common weekly ministry practices, and what to do if you need to cancel Sunday Services.
Germ-proofing your Kids Ministry (Article)
- Keeping your Kids Ministry Clean. Practical and useful tips to start using now!
Saddleback, Billy Graham Institute, Humanitarian Disaster Institute & The Peace Plan
Coronavirusandthechurch.com (Articles, Free Resources)
- The purpose of this site is to assist churches and ministry leaders as they prepare for and respond to the effects of the Coronavirus in their congregations and communities.
COVID-19 in Church: 10 Ways to Keep Your Church Healthy and Discipled During the Outbreak (Article)
- Ideas and plans for the Virtual Church Service (how to host virtual service, how to facilitate community, how to continue small groups, how to continue to take the offering), and the In-Person Church Service (how to greet with cautious care, how to serve communion, how to prompt the passing of the peace, how to coordinate volunteers, how to handle children’s ministry, and how to successfully communicate important information.)
Coordinating Community during the Coronavirus (Article)
- From small groups, communications, and more, this article will help you and your church get through this season if you are making changes.
The Church's Response
Crisis Leadership, Christian Leadership and the CoronaVirus Epidemic (Article)
- When circumstances are changing daily, even hourly, here are a few broader principles that I hope can guide you as a leader that I’m trying to bear in mind as well.
Your Church’s Plan For Coronavirus (Article)
- Your communication around the Coronavirus should be a two-fold approach: pastoral and tactical. Communication should be pastoral because, in a time of fear and crisis, people will need to be reminded that God is their refuge, strength, and an ever-present help in times of trouble.
Practical Steps When Facing Difficult Decisions – Part 1 (Article)
Practical Tools for a New Working Atmosphere – Part 2 (Article)
Overcoming Fear & Embracing Both Reality and Hope – Part 3 (Article)
- While we at the Global Leadership Network certainly make no claims of healthcare expertise, we recognize that sound leadership in a season of crisis can help prepare us for a new reality, solve difficult problems and provide hope.
A Guide for Christian Leaders in the Time of Coronavirus (Article)
At this extraordinary moment, local leaders—people who lead groups of 10 to 1,000 people—have perhaps the greatest opportunity to shape culture in the United States that they have ever had. This is a guide for those of us who are Christian leaders at this moment.
Open Life Church: Open Network
Not Afraid: Sermon by Pastor Craig Groeschel (Free Resource)
- Don’t know what to preach this weekend? Pastor Craig created a powerful, encouraging sermon called Not Afraid specifically to address coronavirus.
Remote Solutions for Your Children’s Ministry Environment (Free Resources)
- From Orange: In order to support you as much as possible during this tricky time, we have created some free resources to help you out. Including: Story and Worship Experiences, Helping Kids Navigate Anxiety, Partnering with parents, and conversation guides for multiple age groups in English and Spanish!
What Will It Look Like in a Post-Covid Culture? (Article)
- The ripple effects of each historical “what if” significantly alter history, life, and ultimately how people think. Applying an alternate reality to what might happen on the other side of COVID-19, we might not like those results. What I fear more is that until they see the five-year ramifications, people might even be ok with that new reality.
Talking to Kids
10 Trauma Principles to Practice During COVID-19 (Article)
- Todd and Beth Guckenberger write about using trauma-informed principles that encourage you to be a non-anxious presence in the lives of those around you. We have an opportunity to bring God’s peace and healing into our homes and among our friends.
Talking with Children about Coronavirus (Free Resource)
- To those of you holding many feelings for children in these weeks, thank you. Reorganizing daily life is not easy, but we are grateful to watch the world make efforts large and small to protect vulnerable people.
7 Ways to Support Kids with Anxiety About the Coronavirus (Article)
- Talk and preparation for the coronavirus will very likely exacerbate anxiety symptoms for many children, and precipitate anxiety in kids predisposed to anxiety who have never before exhibited symptoms. What can parents do to support the mental health of their kids amidst talk of the coronavirus in the weeks and months ahead?
No Fear – Lesson (Free Resource)
- Help your kids who are worried and filled with anxiety by reminding them that God is faithful and more powerful than anything.
Have No Fear! God is Here! (Free Resource)
- Free introductory lesson for kids church. Go to www.kidology.org/kidschurchonline to download additional resources to accompany this timely lesson!
God Takes Our Worries: COVID-19 Lesson and Resources For Kids (Free Resource)
- Here are the resources you need to help children through their coronavirus worries! Remind kids what God says about casting your cares on Him, because He cares for them so much. Grab these free resources and help kids release their worries to God.
For Parents: Parenting Well in the Midst of a Pandemic (Article)
- With all the talk about COVID-19 and the many changes to family routines due to school closings, changes in parents’ work schedules, and cancellations of many events, this can raise concerns and questions. So how do we talk to our kids during this health crisis?
Orange Kidmin (Free Resources)
Preschool English Anxiety Conversation Guide
Elementary English Anxiety Conversation Guide
Preschool Spanish Anxiety Conversation Guide
Elementary Spanish Anxiety Conversation Guide
- Helping a child with anxiety is a challenge. Parents can download these age-appropriate resources to find tips and practical ways to help their children.
A Message for Kids about Coronavirus (Video)
- Kids want to know… What is coronavirus? What should I do about it? Do I need to be scared? This video answers those questions and points kids to the Bible for direction on what to do when they feel afraid. It’s perfect for use at home or at a church Sunday School or Children’s Ministry.
How to Explain the Corona Virus to Our Children (Article)
- As communities and schools work towards preventing the spread of COVID-19 with precautionary measures, including closures or the cancellation of events, it’s likely that children’s awareness of the outbreak is growing.
INCM hosted a FREE webinar to Help You Move Forward in your Leadership.
With all the changes that have happened recently, we need to make space to assess “here and now” and determine intentional steps forward. By the end of this webinar, you will be empowered to:
- Define and identify strengths, opportunities, weaknesses, and threats you are encountering
- Contextualize this analysis tool for your personal and ministry leadership
- Guide yourself and your team through an engaging process that produces intentional momentum
Ideas for Home Worship
The Bible App (Free Resource)
- The Bible App offers a free Bible experience for smartphones, tablets, and online at Bible.com. Our generous partners make it possible for us to offer 2,052 Bible versions in 1,368 languages for free, and without advertising.
When your Church Can’t Meet, Gather your Family for Worship (Article)
- How to have a family worship service at home. “While many of us might be tempted to enjoy a break from church, that’s the last thing we really need. At times like this, we desperately need God’s Word to reassure us that He is in control; we need to sing songs that remind us of His power; we need worship…”
ReFresh: Free Videos to Encourage (Free Resources)
- Online Training Program with some freebie messages that might be encouraging to adults. There’s only a few of them in the freebie carousel right now, but there are some good ones.GEMS: Are you a mentor for girls? Watch inspirational, relevant content on mentoring girls today. Learn more about sharing your Christian faith and issues girls face in our changing culture.
- Yippee.tv is the new guilt-free streaming service for families. We have faith filled shows for kids ages 2-10. Featuring VeggieTales (And all 53 of the Original VeggieTales), Superbook and other faith based content including amazing family Youtubers. Start your 7 day free trial today!
How to Have Church as a Family This Sunday! (Article)
- Church is canceled. Now what? We are living in completely unprecedented days… I would have never guessed last Sunday that our church would not meet this week, our spring break mission trip would be canceled, and that our kids would be out of school for an extended time…Here are a few things you can do in this temporary new normal.”
Children's Ministry Resources for Home
The Bible App for KIDS! (Free Resource)
- Download the most popular kids Bible App for FREE, and help your kids fall in love with God’s Word. Learn more at bible.com/kids.
- Includes a link to Free Curriculum for kids!
D6 Provides Free At-Home Discipleship Materials During the Coronavirus (Free Resource)
- D6 (Deuteronomy 6) is a Family Ministry Movement Connecting Church and Home has offered free resources during this time!
Kids Club Videos (Free Videos)
- YouTube hosts the Crossroads Kids’ Club channel! We have all kinds of cool stuff here for you to explore, and we’re always updating with brand new content.
Kids Worship Playlist (Music)
- YouTube hosts the Crossroads Kids’ Club worship videos!
First Assembly North Little Rock
SLAM: Fun Kids Services Streaming online! (Free Video)
- SLAM is our kids’ service designed for kids in Kindergarten through 5th Grade. Your kids will enjoy a power-packed hour filled with hilarious games, fantastic music, crazy characters, and powerful teaching from the Bible! Each week our kids learn the exact same thing as the adults, but on an elementary-aged level, so that families can learn and grow together each week!
Slam Kids: Videos On Demand! (Free Videos)
- You can check out our SLAM services on demand at slamkids.tv! We want you and your child to have a great SLAM experience, so feel free to watch online with your child and get an idea of what they can expect in our weekly services!
Coronavirus Resource Usage Guidelines
- We have created the following policy for this season waiving all licensing fees. Please see the attached for instructions on how you can use my songs and videos in the resources you’re creating for families during our social distancing.
GEMS ReFresh (Free Resources)
Craft Ideas: activities to do with kids at home. More Craft Ideas…
Activity Ideas: send a notecard to remind someone they’re loved! Gift Tags, You are Loved Card
Recipe Ideas: fun for kids at home!
Spiritual Growth Ideas: encourages kids to pray for our world during this global pandemic.
- Also, encourage kids to Think About the Truth with this handout; or use it to write a letter to someone else and remind them of who they are in Christ!
Minno: Church at Home! (Free Resources)
- Missing Church? Choose a worship song and a Bible story video or a Minno 5-minute family devotional to meet with God wherever you are?
Heifer International (Free Resources)
Fill the Ark Program, Animal Crackers, Faith Lesson, & Color Sheet
- From Heifer International some fun and wonderful ways to reinforce that being part of the Body of Christ continues, wherever we are, even when we are away from our church buildings.
Lifeway Kids FREE at Home Resource (Free Resource)
- Lifeway Kids knows that many parents and churches have asked about digital content for kids, and because of that, they have created a Free LifeWay Kids at Home Digital Pass experience.
Kids Church Online (Free Resource)
- FREE Online Kids Church Services for churches who have had to cancel public gatherings due to the CoronaVirus. If your church, like mine, has had to cancel live services, I am creating ON-DEMAND Children’s Church videos for kids and parents to watch at home. Join Us!
Family Easter Event (Free Resource)
- This event will allow you to walk through the story of Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection as it happened during the week. You will begin with the Triumphal Entry the Sunday before Easter. You will celebrate the Lord’s Supper on Thursday, then the crucifixion, resurrection, and appearances of Jesus in the order they occurred.
Deeply Rooted – Preteen (Free Curriculum)
- This is a 4 Lesson Series on Facing Fear
- Studio 41:10 will help preteens understand Isaiah 41:10 with a series goal of transforming preteens to face fearful situations with confidence in God’s omnipotence, omnipresence and omnibenevolence.
- We are granting a FREE temporary license to use Doorpost Songs audio and video in streaming church services. Download the license here.
- We are making a digital copy of our Promises Family Worship Guide available for FREE direct to families and through churches. It includes six family worship moments – Scripture, song, devotional, discussion, and prayer time. Find out more.
KidZ at Home (Free Resources)
- This Sunday, KidZ at Heart International is launching “KidZ at Home,” a new online resource to help families nurture kids to love God with all their heart!
Stay Home, Stay Active (Free Resources)
- Our hope while here is you will find just a few simple ways to be active with your kids. As a ministry we focus on empowering young people to live God’s Word, share His Gospel, and serve His Church. As athletes and parents we understand the need for kids to stay active and get exercise.
Free Activities (Resources)
- Enjoy activities like word searches, downloadable colouring sheets, and easy phrases to learn in Hindi. There are also fun facts that children can learn about India.
4 Easy Indoor Activities to Do with Your Child (Free Resource)
- Finding fun indoor activities for your children can be challenging. When the cold weather is in full swing, the last thing any parent wants is their child to be bored indoors.
Open Life Church: Open Network
Konnect: Kids Curriculum (Free Resources)
- The LifeKids team and our partner ministries create colorful, Bible-based series for elementary students of all ages. In this category, you’ll find free lessons, videos, art, teacher guides, and in-class activities for kids in 1st grade through 4th grade.
Switch: Content for 6th-12th graders (Free Resources)
- With engaging video dramas and Bible-based topics, our Switch curriculum offers free middle and high school series complete with leader guides, youth pastor notes, video promos, and activities.
Learn at Home: Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing (Free Resources)
- Even when schools are closed, you can keep the learning going with these special cross-curricular journeys. Every day includes four separate learning experiences, each built around a thrilling, meaningful story or video. Kids can do them on their own, with their families, or with their teachers. Just find your grade level and let the learning begin!
Coronavirus Resources for You and Your Church (Free Resources)
- LifeWay has created a webpage that includes a wide range of free resources for Kids, Student and Adult ministries.
Mission of Hope (Resource)
- 10 week scripture memory and discipleship challenge. Every week families memorize using JumpStart3 signature scripture memory music and videos.
Books of the Bible Games (Free Resources)
- These Books of the Bible Games are designed to help players become more familiar with the various books and sections of the Bible. These games are easy to prepare and many of them come with beautiful printables.