There were so many profound learning moments this year at CM Leaders. The 5 things I was looking forward to did not disappoint, in fact my expectations were surpassed in every way. But here’s 5 takeaways from CM Leaders 2014:
1. When families are served, when kids learn about God, the entire church staff wins. (Tweet this)
The entire staff. Everyone. This truth, shared by Amy Dolan this year, rocked my world. Amy went on to challenge each of us to become better teammates. Totally brilliant.
2. If God has placed you in leadership, He’s already empowered you to accomplish the task. (Tweet this)
How many times do we second guess God’s call? Every ministry leader must lean in with open hands and a trusting heart to God’s call to lead. We can all thank Eric Hamp for this quote. BTW, Eric was in beast mode the entire time at CM Leaders.
3. Discipleship builds on this premise: I need to be forgiven. (Tweet this)
Friends, I wish you could have been there to hear Sam Luce share powerfully on the art of discipleship. Busyness can crowd out our need for God and distort our view of His beauty. But the foundation of our relationship with God is the reality of our brokenness in need of redemption.
4. Sometimes I find my significance by counting the number of people following me. (Tweet this)
Sam Luce shared this quote and I fully appreciated his authenticity because I do the same thing. So many times over the years I’ve looked at numbers, social media stats, blog hits, and attendance as the validation for my personal significance. Friends, a true leader must find significance in the Savior.
5. Leaders need to refresh their spirit just as much as their skills. (Tweet this)
At the end of CM Leaders I realized that after worshipping throughout the day alongside a host of amazing kidmin, so many of them had spent weeks, or for others – years, without attending corporate worship. It was life-giving to share that gift with everyone at CM Leaders 2014.