A few years ago, I won a Facebook contest for admission to a VIP dinner at a Chic-Fil-A that was opening nearby. They gave us the red carpet treatment, and my absolute favorite part (besides the free milkshake) was getting a “back stage tour” of how they do what they do and make what they make. I still remember thinking “No. Way!” when I saw alllll the lemons in the back that they squeeze fresh to make their lemonade every day. Getting a window into how things happen is pretty fun, right?
Well, friends, I want to give you a little bit of a “back stage tour” of how your CPC17 breakouts came to be! (I’d totally roll out the red carpet for you if you were here in our office 🙂 )
- The breakout process starts in March when the INCM team pulls together a committee of children’s pastors, children’s ministry leaders, volunteers, teachers and professors, and experts in various specialties. This committee is responsible for determining the tracks and categories for CPC, and for reviewing the hundreds of submissions we receive each year for breakouts.
- The committee’s first task is to absorb all of the feedback from the previous year’s CPC (including surveys and breakout reviews).
- From there, the committee walks through a comprehensive process (based entirely on feedback from the children’s ministry community) to develop the tracks and categories for breakouts. (Check out the CPC17 Tracks and Topical Categories here!)
- After the committee lands the tracks and categories, we open up the breakout application in April.
- From April through June, the committee reviews the breakout submissions, learns about the applicants, and makes recommendations to the INCM team.
- From July through September, the INCM team connects with every applicant, finalizes the content and schedule, and ensures we have the best program we could offer the community for that year.
- In October, we sign all of our speakers, and release to you what we have been working on since March!
When we think about breakouts for CPC, we think about you. You are the reason we love putting together training that is powerful, relevant, practical, life-giving, and transformative. When we’re knee deep in details, titles, descriptions, and room numbers, we think of you and we couldn’t imagine being knee deep in anything else.
So, it is with great joy that I release to you the first look at CPC17‘s breakout offering!
Check out the CPC17 Breakouts here!
P.S. Check back next week for when we release the CPC17 Intensive training options! We’re thrilled about this new training offering at CPC!