“The breakouts are coming! The breakouts are coming!”
You can bet I was envisioning myself saying that on the back of a horse riding through an old American town with a killer hat on, and a lantern in my hand. Only my news is a little more positive than Paul Revere’s… ☺
The team here at INCM is really excited to share that CPC16’s breakouts are going to be posted in the next couple of weeks on the CPC website!
Since May, we have been going through the exciting process of selecting each breakout for CPC16. Here are some fun facts:
- We had 57% MORE breakout applications this year over last year!
- We have 70+ speakers coming for CPC16.
- We will have 112+ breakout options!
- We are adding a Spanish track for Spanish-speaking leaders in children’s ministry!
- We have added three new Tracks and four new Topical Categories.
What are Tracks and Topical Categories?
I’m so glad you asked!
Tracks Categories are uniquely curated courses of content specifically focused on an area identified as a need in the children’s ministry landscape for this ministry year. These tracks, made up of seven breakouts each, will provide the participant with information, inspiration, practical tools, and a holistic perspective of the theme of that track.
Topical Categories Breakouts are those that do not fall into the six Tracks. These important and powerful breakouts are tagged with descriptive words that help the participant identify the category a session falls into. The Topical Category Breakouts are comprehensive and vital content.
Please note: Participants are not required to stay in a track for every breakout, and participants who do not follow a track are absolutely free to participate in breakouts that are in a track. Tracks are simply a unique way to organize content focused on specific subjects.
Here is a sneak peak at Tracks and Topical Categories for CPC16.
- The Early Years – Developing your Early Childhood ministry
- I’m New! – What you need to know getting started in #Kidmin
- Family Ministry – Partnering with, empowering, and equipping parents as disciple-makers
- The Journey – Soul Care for the Children’s Ministry leader
- Childlike Faith – Understanding and empowering a child’s faith journey
- Out of the Box! – Creative ways to think beyond the four walls of your church
- Special Needs
- Spiritual Formation
- Tough Topics
- Child Development & Behavior
- Technology & Media in Ministry
So stay posted, friends! We’re thrilled for you to be able to see what you can expect from breakouts for CPC16!
P.S. The FREE Pre-Conference Tracks, happening the first day of CPC16 (January 20, 2016) from 9 a.m.–12 p.m., will be posted with the rest of the breakouts, too! But I’m not going to tell you what those tracks are. We have to keep some of this a surprise, don’t we? ☺