The Advanced Certificate in Children’s Ministry
The Cory Center and Bethel Seminary has partnered with International Network of Children’s Ministry (INCM) to offer a non-accredited Advanced Certificate in Children’s Ministry. The certificate curriculum was written and developed by the Cory Center/Bethel team and launched at the Children’s Pastor’s Conference in Orlando, Florida, 2014.
There are currently 44 graduates of the program and another 20 in process.
The Advanced Certificate is offered to those who want to take the next step in their leadership development in children’s ministry. They are introduced to writings and research that will inform and transform their practice of ministry.
This one-year, 100 hour certificate requires attendance at three INCM conferences where all their workshops and pre-con seminars are with the Cory Center staff, an online training and mentoring piece and two projects for implementation into their unique ministry setting. The Certificate curriculum includes the following topics:
- Biblical foundations and models of Children’s Ministry
- Cognitive, moral and spiritual development of children
- Generational distinctives
- Pastoral care of children
- Evangelism, discipleship and mentoring
- Ministry to children and technology
- Curriculum/program evaluation and development
- Partnering with parents
- Effective teaching methods
- Children as agents of transformation
- Leadership development
- Strengths-based leadership
- Personnel recruitment, supervision and nurture
- Techniques and strategies for team building and staff development
- Administrative practices in Children’s Ministry
- Understanding church culture
Dr. Deb Moncauskas is the Associate Director, US Initiatives at the Cory Center and the leader of this initiative. Dr. Denise Muir Kjesbo, Dr. Anne-Marie Finsaas, Barbara Cionca, and Bethel MACFM graduates, serve on this initiative team in development and teaching content for this Certificate.
The next Advanced Certificate cohort will begin at CPC17 in Orlando on January 24-26, 2017. For more information, complete the form in the sidebar (or below if you’re on a mobile device).